A superb vegan detox smoothie that’s bursting with vitamins and healthy nutrients. The Green Virgin has a rich, smooth vegetal flavour with a hint of sweetness from the apple and makes a deliciously healthy breakfast treat.
- ½ tsp Saihōji matcha
- 50ml apple juice
- 35g of kale (a large handful)
- 15g of rocket
- 5g of flat leaf parsley (a big pinch)
- 2 large stalks of celery
- ½ medium green apple
- juice of ½ lemon
What you’ll need
- a sieve
- a small bowl, jug or creamer
- a bamboo matcha whisk or handheld electric milk frother
- a tall glass
- Sieve the matcha into a small bowl (if using a bamboo matcha whisk) or into a jug or creamer (if using a handheld electric milk frother), add the apple juice and whisk to combine.
- Put the greens (kale, rocket, parsley), apple, celery and lemon juice in a blender, pour over the matcha mix and blitz until smooth.
- Garnish with celery, apple slices and parsley.