Velvety-smooth vanilla ice cream drowned in thick matcha tea – the result is spectacular. Simple to make and deliciously satisfying, the Matcha Affogato is a perfect pick-me-up after a large meal.
- ½ tsp Saihōji matcha
- 50ml hot water
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
What you’ll need
- a sieve
- a small bowl, jug or creamer
- a bamboo matcha whisk or handheld electric milk frother
- a cocktail shaker
- a short glass
- Boil the kettle and leave to cool for a couple of minutes while you prepare the matcha powder.
- Sieve the matcha into a small bowl (if using a bamboo matcha whisk) or into a jug or creamer (if using a handheld electric milk frother).
- Add 25ml of hot water and whisk until you have a smooth tea mixture.
- Add another 25ml of hot water and whisk to combine.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into a glass then pour over the matcha.