A perfect balance between the bright acidity of the lemon and the sweetness of the sugar syrup, cut through with the fresh vegetal taste of the matcha. The Matcha Sour is topped with egg white which adds depth and a thick mouthfeel.
- ½ tsp Saihōji matcha
- 50ml vodka
- juice of 1 lemon
- 10ml simple syrup or 1 tsp agave syrup
- white of a medium egg
What you’ll need
- a sieve
- a handheld electric milk frother
- a cocktail shaker
- a rocks glass
- Sieve the matcha into the bottom of a cocktail shaker, pour in the vodka and whisk to combine.
- Add the lemon juice, simple syrup/agave and egg white and close the shaker.
- Shake hard (without ice) for 30 seconds.
- Open the shaker and fill with ice, shake hard again until chilled and then strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.